Terms and conditions of use
Below are the terms of conditions for using Recite. See also the Privacy page.
By using this site, you agree to the following terms -
- "You" refers to the user accessing the Recite Web Application.
- "Us" or "We" refers to 4cite Labs Ltd.
- "Recite" refers to the Recite Web Application available at https://reciteworks.com.
Scope: Who and what do these conditions apply to?
- These Terms and Conditions of Use shall govern your use of Recite.
- By using Recite you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions you must not use our website.
- We can agree additional Terms and Conditions of Use in respect of certain applications within Recite with you. However, we will inform you of such additional Terms and Conditions of Use in good time before you use them.
- We reserve the right to offer additional services. These Terms and Conditions of Use are aimed at both end-customers and companies. End-customers are natural persons who conclude legal transactions for a purpose which can be ascribed neither to their commercial nor self-employed professional activities. Companies are either natural persons, legal entities or legally capable partnerships which exercise their commercial or self-employed professional activities when concluding a legal transaction.
- Copyright © 2023 4cite Labs Ltd
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website and all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
License to use Recite
- During the beta testing phase you may use free of charge or thereafter for a fee the Recite website. The website allows you to upload your papers and check that the in-text references match those in the reference list and vice versa. It also provides style checking for APA and Harvard referencing styles. You must not use our website for any other purposes.
- You may view pages from our website in a web browser; download pages from our website for caching in a web browser and print pages from our website subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions. Except as expressly permitted by the provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- You must not republish material from our website (including republication on another website); sell, rent or sub-license material from our website; show any material from our website in public; exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or redistribute material from our website.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- In order to use Recite you must log in via your Google Account.
- You must not use any other person's Google Account to access the website.
Concluding the Agreement
- Logging into the site means that you have concluded an agreement for use with us.
- Whilst the site is in the beta testing phase you may use the site free of charge. A charging model will be implemented upon completion of this phase and you will be notified ahead of time.
- There is no entitlement on us to conclude an agreement for use. We can decline to accept your registration at any time without giving reasons. In this case, we will of course delete all information and data given by you.
Rules for Using Recite
- When using Recite you must observe all the relevant laws and other legal provisions of the United Kingdom and the country or state in which you are using the service. In particular, you may not enter and/or disseminate any data or content such as texts, images, graphics or links that breach the law or external industrial rights, copyright or other rights of third parties. You yourself are responsible for the data and content you provide. We examine the content neither for its correctness, nor lack of viruses nor to determine whether it is technically possible to examine it for viruses.
- You may not upload any files depicting violence or with pornographic, discriminatory, insulting, racist, slanderous or other illegal content or performances and/or make these latter publicly accessible. Pictures or photos with other people than you may only be fed into Recite if you have the consent of these people.
- You may not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
- It is forbidden to interfere with the functional capacity of Recite such as sending mass emails (spam), carry out hacking attempts, brute-force attacks, use or send spy software, viruses or worms.
- You must not share your login details with any other person, such that more than one person is using Recite under the same account.
- If you breach these rules, we will be entitled to issue you with a warning, temporarily block your use of Recite or, if appropriate, to fully exclude you from its use. We are entitled to remove illegal content immediately.
Refunds (for paid plans)
For individual consumer purchases:
If you're unhappy with your purchase for any reason, drop us an email at [email protected] and we'll refund you in full, no questions asked. All we ask is that you do this in a timely manner - within 24 hours for 3 day and monthly plans, and 30 days for annual subscriptions.
For institutional licenses and bulk purchases:
Please contact your account manager or sales representative.
- For individual consumer purchases:
- Each party shall ensure that it complies with its obligations under the relevant Data Protection Laws in relation to any personal data being processed.If a user provides any Personal Data to Recite, as per 6.0, you yourself are responsible for the data and content you provide and the processing of that personal data
- You will indemnify us from all claims, including damages claims, asserted against us by other users or other third parties, including public authorities, due to breaches of their rights due to content placed on Recite. Further, you will indemnify us from all claims, including damages claims, asserted against us by other users or other third parties, including public authorities, us due to breaches of their rights as a result of your use of Recite. You will bear all appropriate costs, including the costs incurred for legal defence due to your breach of the rights of third parties. All further rights and damages claims of ours will remain unaffected. You are entitled to provide evidence that we have in fact incurred lower costs.
- The above-mentioned obligations will only apply if you are responsible for the breach of rights in question, in other words, if you have knowingly or deliberately omitted to exercise due diligence.
Identity of Users
- We are technically not able to determine definitively whether a user registered on Recite actually has the identity they claims to have. We cannot therefore accept any guarantee of the correct identity of the users.
Responsibility for Content
- We accept no responsibility of any kind for the texts, content, images, data and/or information or for content on linked external websites entered or provided by you or other Recite users. In particular, we give no guarantee that this content is true, fulfils any particular purpose or can serve any particular purpose.
- If you notice or suspect any illegal or non-contractual use of Recite, you can report this to us at any time via the Contact Us page.
Term of Your Licensing Agreement and Termination
- The agreement on free use of the Recite website is for the duration of the beta testing period. At the end of the beta testing period a charging structure will be put into place.
- You can terminate the agreement at any time by contacting us via the Contact Us page and we will delete your account completely.
- We may suspend your account and/or cancel your account at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- In addition, the agreement may be terminated for just cause. Just cause which would entitle 4cite Labs to terminate the agreement will be if you breach your contractual obligations, in particular the rules of use described in No. 6 of Recite.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
- These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and these terms and conditions are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties' rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- This website is owned and operated by 4cite Labs Ltd.
- Our registered office is at Business Innovation Centre, Harry Weston Road, Coventry, CV3 2TX. We are incorporated in England and Wales under company number 13969441.
- Please note: we were previously operating as M69 Limited trading as 4cite Labs, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 04849823.
- You can contact us by using our website contact form.
Last updated: 09 March 2023.