Free Vs Paid - Why should I pay?
After a lengthy beta period, which attracted almost 70,000 registrations and checked more than 700,000 documents, Recite now offers two tiers of service.
In order that we can continue to make Recite even better, and continue to add new features, we need the investment that our paid tier facilitates. We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay and therefore we're extremely keen on continuing to offer a very useful product for free. If you can afford to upgrade and remove the limitations though, we'd really appreciate your support.
Our free tier is ideal for undergraduate students or anyone else writing shorter essays. For shorter pieces (fewer than 2,500 words and fewer than 50 references) our service is more or less unchanged from our beta. For those writing longer works, Recite will still work, but will only give feedback on the first 2,500 words and 50 references. We also limit uploads on our free tier to 2 per day.
In summary, Recite:
- Checks the first 2,500 words of your work
- Checks the first 50 references in your reference list
- Limits you to 2 uploads per day
- Limits uploads to .docx and .txt formats only (plus our paste option)
As mentioned above, our paid tier allows us to invest in the further development of Recite. We have many more features we'd like to add and areas we'd like to improve further.
With our paid tier the limitations mentioned above are all removed, with the only restriction being a 50MB upload limit. On this plan you can upload lengthy documents, as often as you like, in a wide variety of formats.
In summary, Recite:
- Checks the full document uploaded (file size limit of 50MB applies)
- Checks all references in your reference list
- Allows unlimited uploads (fair usage policy applies)
- Allows uploads in a variety of formats
- Offers access to additional paid-only features
Additional paid plan features
- Crossref integration - we take your reference list entries and attempt to match them against the Crossref database, highlighting any discrepancies
- Interactive year distribution graph/stats for your reference list
Ignore citations (click the play button to see a video demonstration)
More information on using this feature can be found in User Interface > Ignore Citations
- Download as PDF option for easy export of your results
- More to follow